Completion of Document Distribution Infrastructure
1. Building Document Distribution Infrastructure
BMLinkS-compliant devices and BMLinkS common software can be used to develop a BMLinkS document distribution infrastructure.
- Document scanning, storage and printing co-ordination among multi-vendor office equipment can be implemented in a simple way.
- Document distribution in a PC-less environment can be implemented.
Common software supplied
- If the user wants to move to another location while
carrying his/her own PC
→Network Storage (to PC), Stored Document Printing, Confidential Printing.
- If the user wants to move to another location without carrying his/her own PC
→Network storage (to Server), Network Copying, Stored Document Printing.
2. Implementation of Device Management
Device management that allows to use multi-function devices (MFPs) from
multiple vendors more securely and efficiently can be implemented.
- In an environment where multi-function devices (MFPs) from multiple
vendors co-exist, these devices can be configured and monitored
in a unified manner, as well as usage history can be obtained.
- Multi-function devices (MFPs)-specific information, including copy, scan, fax, can be
accessed, which was not possible in the standard MIB.
- Device management applications for efficient management of
multi-function devices (MFPs) from multiple vendors can be developed easily.
- With a unified manner, for multi-function devices (MFPs) from multiple vendors, IT managers can:
- Configure the devices' network settings, address books, and so on.
- Monitor the devices for warnings, errors, remaining
toner and paper, and other information.
- Obtain the devices’ usage history (MFP job histories
including print, copy, scan, fax)